Discover if a B.S. in Computer Science at MSOE is right for you.
MSOE’s four-year bachelor of science degree in computer science will prepare you to write cutting-edge software to solve tomorrow’s problems with a special emphasis on machine learning and artificial intelligence. Whether it’s smartphones, automobiles, advanced manufacturing, or big data, emerging developments in computer science and artificial intelligence enable breakthrough innovations for the challenging problems of our time. MSOE computer science students will learn on the leading edge of this technological revolution, developing skills to solve problems using algorithms, applied mathematics and artificial intelligence in a hands-on environment working on real problems with faculty who have industry experience.
MSOE computer science students will learn in the Dwight and Dian Diercks Computational Science Hall where they will have access to a state-of-the-art data center with a GPU-accelerated supercomputer and other hardware from NVIDIA, the global leader in artificial intelligence, supercomputing and visual computing. Purpose built AI, big data, and robotics labs will facilitate collaborative problem solving to tackle real-world problems using state-of-the art approaches.
You may want to consider CS at MSOE if you...
- Enjoy solving problems or playing with computers
- Find bugs or errors in software and think “I would have done this differently”
- Are fascinated by apps and wonder “how does this work?”
- Enjoy logic and are able to do mathematics with precision
- Are prepared to be a lifelong learner to keep up with trends in the rapidly-changing computer industry
- Enjoy exploring the tradeoffs between multiple ways to solve a problem
- Appreciate understanding and expressing the steps to solve a problem
- Are intrigued by artificial intelligence or machine learning
This program was developed to meet or exceed requirements of the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC, a committee within ABET) criteria. Formal program accreditation cannot occur until after the first class graduates (2022).
More details in the 2018-2019 Undergraduate Academic Catalog about MSOE's B.S. in Computer Science will be available this summer!